ART is my oxygen...
it lets me breathe.

WRITING is my sustenance...
it feeds my soul.

Mary Paladin

Sunday, April 26, 2009

No Excuses...well kinda

I feel as though I should hang my head in shame. I have been quite negligent in regard to all (5 of) my blogs. It has been a month(!) since my last entry and I feel like a slacker.

I have been editing my book "The Adirondacks that are, The Other Half of Me" for the past 3 weeks, nonstop. I was getting a bit bug-eyed as well as doubtful of my brain and its ability to translate what I actually read on the page, vs. what I knew it should be. But...now it is out of my hands. Although out of my hands it is not out of my mind (that would me, I am more convinced on a daily basis that I have taken leave of my mind...).
It should be out in a month or so so please keep your eyes peeled for it on Amazon as well as at your local book store! (It will be available to bookstores through Baker and Taylor.)

At the beginning of the month I attended an SCBWI (society of children's book writers and illustrators) retreat in the Pocono Mountains. What an inspirational weekend! The energy from, and the camaraderie of, other writers and illustrators was invigorating. Those of you that write, or are artists, understand how solitary our days can be (which believe me- I LOVE). It is however nourishing and exhilarating to be among those that share your passions.

So...I will strive to be more diligent in my entries. I will try to stick more to the point. I will try not to make excuses...well kinda.

No comments: