ART is my oxygen...
it lets me breathe.

WRITING is my sustenance...
it feeds my soul.

Mary Paladin

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Strictly Art...but not strict art!

This blog will be dedicated strictly to art: my art, the arts and, art in general.

I work mainly in watercolors although for many years I worked in acrylics; I enjoy them both. Many, many years ago, my medium was oils but I discovered that my enthusiasm waned as I waited through drying time!

For a long time I was intimidated by watercolors because I felt I could not perfect my control of them. I have however, over the last 3 years conquered that in most instances. My style is mostly realistic, although I would like to allow myself to 'let go' and give up some detail for the fluidity that watercolors allow.

I enjoy sketching very much too and have reawakened that part of myself this past summer. I was amazed at how much I had missed it! The only drawback in this self discovery was that I can no longer twist myself into the positions or places I did when I sketched 15 years ago!

I look forward to connecting with artists that are passionate about their work; although to me it doesn't feel like work! We are very fortunate people who were given a gift that others would love to have. (Of course my math and science skills leave alot to be desired...) I am grateful for this gift and I know there are many that feel as I do.

No comments: