ART is my oxygen...
it lets me breathe.

WRITING is my sustenance...
it feeds my soul.

Mary Paladin

Monday, October 20, 2008

Color

I love color. I remember the day I realized it.

I skipped kindergarten, so going to first grade was very exciting to me- an only child. The first thing on the first day I remember seeing, (other than all the kids!) were giant circles taped to the wall above the blackboard. Of course, they were red, orange, yellow, green, blue (my favorite!), a dark color for which I had no idea of its name, and purple. The red, yellow and blue were bigger than the other ones. I didn't know why they were bigger but on that particular day I didn't really care, they were beautiful, and blue was one of them! They were very bright; they were amazing!

Next to it was a rainbow; each colored stripe of the rainbow was made from small cut out circles of those seven colors; it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I was in love with life; those colors made me feel alive!

Art has been my passion from that day on and it has never wavered; it never will. Color is my life's electricity; it lets me see...

No comments: